Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.appliedgraphenematerials.com
The protection of your personal data is important to us. In this Privacy Statement we (“Applied Graphene Materials” or “AGM” or “we” or “us”) explain how we process your personal data online and offline:
- through our website (“Websites”);
- through our Social media channels (“Our Social Media”);
- through services we provide to you (“Services”).
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, Our Social Media, Emails, and Services as the “Services”.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The data we collect may be used in the following ways:
- When you purchase products, to process your order and manage our relationship with you
- To email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- To respond to your queries or communicate with you.
- For surveys or other (marketing) communication.
- For the development and improvement of products and services
- For the technical and functional management of our Apps or Websites
- If you participate in prize contests, events, competitions, promotions and/or games of chance, to administer your participation
- Compliance with laws and legal obligations and protection of AGM assets and interests.
We always ensure that your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above, or that stated at the time of collection and ensure that your personal data is well secured. We process this information based on your consent, which can be withdrawn by you at any time.
How is data collected
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data in the following ways:
Order Placement and Contact Forms
When you place an order for any of our products or services or contact us through our website, we collect the data shown in the forms you complete.
Cookies and Analytics
For purposes of marketing, optimization products and services – the company Whois Data Ltd (https://www.whoisvisiting.com) are used on this website. Their registered address is Regents Pavilion, 4 Summerhouse Road, Northampton, NN3 6BJ. Whois Data Ltd determine details of your organization, including contact number, web address, email, business description and where possible, the SIC Code.
Whois Data Ltd show your journey while visiting this site, including all pages visited by you and how long you have spent on each page. The data used cannot identify an individual visitor’s identity. As far as IP addresses are collected, they will be made anonymous immediately after collection. If you do not agree with this, you can object to the collection, processing or storage of your IP address at any time with effect for the future by clicking on the link below: https://app.whoisvisiting.com/opt-out
Apps and Social Media
We may process data that you provide to us via your social media accounts. Should you wish to share any personal data concerning other persons than yourself through one of our Apps (e.g. through a photo or video), you should ensure that those other persons also consent to their data being uploaded to the App for the purpose of being shared. If you share a link through the App, this link may also be visible to others. We may also process the content you share through the App to improve our products, websites and apps. If we do so, we process this information based on our legitimate interest – i.e. to improve our products and to improve customer engagement.
If you upload images to a website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on our website site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Data may be collected if you voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
Who we share your data with
We may share your personal data with:
- Our third-party partners and suppliers, professional advisers (such as banks, insurance companies, auditors, lawyers, accountants or other professional advisors), and other parties (such as ICT, service providers, consulting or shipping providers), that process personal data on our behalf for purposes that are described in this Privacy Statement, or for the purposes notified to you when we collect your personal data.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court, or other third party if we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- Third parties in connection with corporate transactions: we may also, from time to time, share your data in the course of corporate transactions, such as during a sale of a business or a part of a business to another company, or any reorganization, merger, joint venture, or other disposition of our business, assets, or stock, provided that we inform those parties that they can only process your personal data for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Statement;
- Other parties, but only if you have consented to, or if you have instructed us to make such disclosure to such parties.
How long we retain your data
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. For example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal data, with the exception of any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided.
You have the right to withdraw consent (“opt-out”) of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking the unsubscribe or opt-out link in the emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us using the contact details provided.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
How we protect your data
Your personal data are treated confidential, and we have taken technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of this data. We use several security techniques including secure servers, firewalls and encryption, as well as physical safeguard of the locations where data is stored.
You should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do what we reasonably can to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless we have been in breach of applicable laws, and then only to the limits set out in any relevant terms and conditions
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the Contact Us form, or at the below address:
Applied Graphene Materials plc., The Wilton Centre, Redcar, Cleveland, TS10 4RF